Since 1990 the Minnesota Association of Christian Songwriters [MACS] has been a member supported, non-profit organization dedicated to helping our members grow in their songwriting gifts by providing workshops, song evaluations, performing & recording opportunities, and a place for networking. Our purpose is to encourage, educate, and equip songwriters who are called to use their gifts of music and lyrics to glorify God, edify and point the way to Jesus Christ. We invite you to come and enjoy our concerts and meetings, even if you\'ve never written a song. This is a good place to start! There are songwriters of all levels in MACS, and it is a blessing to be able to support and encourage each other with the precious gift that God has given us.
The Minnesota Association of Christian Songwriters has held monthly songwriter meetings since 1990 with a vision to provide an outlet for Christian artists in Minnesota and surrounding areas. Some exciting events have taken place at MACS throughout the years. We have experienced much growth, with a mailing list of hundreds of Christian artists. In 1999 we became a non-profit 503c organization, governed by an elected Board of Directors, dedicated to serving Christian Songwriters. MACS has sponsored many “songwriter showcases” at Mall of America, Famous Dave's BBQ, coffee houses, Christian bookstores, the Minnesota State Fair and Churches, just to name a few. MACS has also produced 4 compilation albums of music from our members. And the vision continues. Music is an integral part of the society in which we live, and MACS hopes to continue to help and nurture Christian songwriters, as they seek God’s will for their individual ministry. Press Release
Our Statement of Faith
· We believe in one God, who is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Matt 28:19; Gen 1:1, 2; John 1:1-3)
· We believe in God the Father, maker of all things. (Gen 1:1) We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, truly God and truly man, through whom all things were made; who died for our sins and rose from the dead that we might be saved by his grace through faith. (John 1:1-3; John 1:14; Romans 3:23-24; Romans 6:9; Ephesians 2:8)
· We believe in God the Holy Spirit, who spoke through the Prophets, guides us into all truth, and makes Jesus known to us. (Genesis 1:2; Hebrews 1:1; John 16:13-14)
· We believe that the Bible is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit and is the authoritative Word of God, infallible in matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
· We believe in a real heaven and a real hell, and the real and visible return of Jesus Christ at the end of the age. (Psalm 9:17; 2Peter 2:4-10; Rev. 19:1-5; Rev. 1:7)